This course is suitable for all persons needing to become a Registered Traffic Management Operative (RTMO) as described in the sector schemes document 12D.
Learners must have successfully completed the M1 assessment prior to commencing T2 training.
To provide the necessary technical knowledge and skills in order for delegates to be able to implement the correct traffic management requirements to undertake Static Works on Single Carriageways including all forms of Traffic Control (except multi-phase traffic signals).
This 1-day course consists of two half-day sessions. The first half-day module is designed for operatives involved in mobile and short duration (up to 1 hour) minor works on rural and urban roads. The second half-day module covers give and take, and priority signs (passive traffic control), and stop and go, and 2-way portable traffic signals (positive traffic control).
On completion of this course learners will have covered:-
- Sector schemes
- Health and safety requirements
- Risk assessments and method statements
- The relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
- Identification of the equipment required in temporary traffic management
- The different methods of traffic control
- The requirements of non-motorised road users
FULL AWARD ASSESSMENT Following completion of the 12D T1 training course the learner can obtain Moving Works Operative status (Award M1) by successfully passing an end of course multiple-choice question paper which carries a 75% pass mark.