To empower delegates with the skills, knowledge and confidence to cope with an emergency involving a child or baby, whilst in their care.
By the end of the programme candidates will know clearly what to do in the event of an emergency.
- Know how to cope with an emergency with a baby and a child
- Understand the different procedures for treatment for babies and children aged 6-12
- Aims of first aid
- Contents of a first aid kit
- Record keeping, Regulations and Hygiene
- Incident management, medical care plans and records
- Casualty management
- The unconscious child - checking vital signs
- The recovery position for babies and children aged 6-12
- Rescue breaths and CPR for babies and children aged 6-12
- Procedure for dealing with airway and breathing disorders
- Bleeding and wounds
- Shock, causes and treatment
- Common medical conditions - Meningitis - Sickle cell - Croup - Diabetes - Epilepsy - Anaphylactic shock
- Head injuries
- If time allows: Eye problems and the effects of heat and cold, burns
- Open forum
It is recommended that you renew your certificate every 3 years.