All those working in a Community Transport environment.
To provide appropriate training on current systems and best practise for securing passengers and wheelchairs in a specialist vehicle.
To Implement the local safe system of securing passengers & wheelchairs.
At the end of the period of training the candidate will have demonstrated the correct way to:-
- Attach a quicklok/doublelok
- Attach a four point webbing karabiner
- Attach a four point webbing tongue and buckle
- Attach a rearlok
- Attach a double inertia reel
- Attach a split reel double inertia reel
- Attach a 2 point static full harness
- Transport a wheelchair on the tail lift
During the period of training the candidate will:-
- Have seen the video - Wheelchair Safety in Passenger Vehicles
- Have seen the Unwin Safety Video
- Listened to an explanation of the local safe system of securing passengers & wheelchairs
- Received a copy of Securing Passengers & Wheelchairs handout