Registered Traffic Management Operatives (RTMO) needing to supervise traffic management.
To provide learners with the necessary underpinning technical knowledge and skill to supervise a gang or gangs who will be undertaking the installation, maintenance, and removal of temporary traffic management to become a Registered Lead Traffic Management Operative (RLTMO).
On completion of this course learners will:-
- Understand the aims & principles of the National Highway Sector Schemes.
- Have an awareness of traffic management health & safety issues
- Appreciate the different sources of information regarding traffic management and in particular understand the key issues and differences between Chapter 8 and the Code of Practice (Red Book)
- Understand the risk assessment process and how to apply it to traffic management
- Have an understanding of the role of the RLTMO and have demonstrated the ability to, assess the suitability of equipment, to monitor the changing conditions on site and recommend appropriate remedial action as necessary
- Be able to ascertain when management intervention is required
FULL AWARD ASSESSMENT Following completion of the 12D T6 training course, learners will obtain Registered Lead Traffic Management Operative status (Award M6) by completing two end of course classroom based assessments.To fully complete the award each candidate is required to successfully complete: 2x classroom based tests