This course is a mandatory requirement for all those visiting or working on the Highways England Strategic Road Network.
The Highways England Common Induction course provides a common Health & Safety site induction across all areas of the Highways England's Strategic Road Network (SRN).
This 1 day course will provide delegates with a basic understanding of health and safety, knowledge of the principle hazards and risks, legislation and best practice, leading to a safer working environment.
Lack of training and awareness of danger can contribute towards poor safety records for employers and can have serious repercussions on organisations, employees and the wider community.
Highways England are committed to ensuring that all contractors and employees working on or adjacent to the SRN are aware of the potential hazards and have the knowledge to enable them to identify and reduce risk to themselves, their colleagues, the wider community and to the environment, as a result of any acts or omissions.
On completion of this course learners will:-
- Understand what is Customer Service to Highways England and the Supply Chain
- Understand the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Gain an overview of Highways England's minimum expectation for working on their strategic road network (SRN)
- Gain a basic understanding of temporary traffic management
- Be able to review fatal risks that occur when working on the SRN
- Be able to identify the essential health and wellbeing points to consider in the workplace
- Be able to identify and descibe main environmental issues found on sites
- State the impact upon themselves, their lives and their families and friends of a serious accident at work
- Be able to identify examples of poor behaviour on a works site
- Be able to descibe how H&S knowledge and good working practice can improve behaviour on a works site
- Successfully undertake End of Course test (Pass mark 75%)
FULL AWARD ASSESSMENT
There is an End of Course test requiring a pass mark of 75%.