This course runs in two parts, in order to be fully qualified you must ensure both the online and face-to-face part of the course are completed.
It is delivered as blended learning with two days of training over Zoom for the theory elements and one day of practical training at our centre.
The online section of this course must be completed before attending the face-to-face section
This three day programme has been designed to comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations and the HSE First Aid at Work Approved Code of Practice and Guidance.
By the end of the programme, delegates will be able to:
- Deal with emergencies whilst at work which occur to staff and visitors
- Become qualified in First Aid at Work
The following content will be covered over the 3 days, some over the zoom session(s) and some during the practical day
- Role of the first aider
- Introduction to first aid
- The unconscious breathing casualty
- Airway & breathing difficulties
- Circulation & disorders
- Wounds and bleeding
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Injuries to muscles, joints and bones
- integrated training and assessment