Employees who under current legislation are required to be trained in Fire Safety and write fire risk assessments.
To provide staff with the basic practical knowledge and skills to understand fundamental hazards of fire, fire prevention, and procedures.
On completion of the course a Skills Training Centre Ltd certificate will be awarded to successful staff.
AM SESSION - FIRE AWARENESS
- Fire safety legislation
- Basics of combustion
- Classes of fire
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire blankets
- Fire extinguishers - practical session
- Actions in the event of a fire
- Fire safety auditing
- Dealing with arson
- General fire precautions
- Course questionnaire
PM SESSION - FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT
- Introducing the fire risk assessment document (pas 79 format)
- Electrical sources of ignition
- Smoking areas
- Portable heaters & heating installations
- Introduced by outside contractors & building works
- Dangerous substances
- Other significant fire hazards
- Means of escape from fire
- Measures to limit fire spread
- Emergency escape lighting
- Fire safety signs & notices
- Means of giving warning in case of fire
- Manual fire extinguishing appliances
- Automatic fire extinguishing systems
- Fixed installations & equipment
- Nominated staff
- Staff training & drills
- Testing & maintenance
- Records - fire log book
- Practical - write up a fire risk assessment for a building (or part of) on site
The course includes practical training in the use of fire extinguishers and the writing of a fire risk assessment and a short multi-choice questionnaire.
Clients must advise the training centre of where you propose the practical fire extinguisher training should take place. This must be away from public areas and in a risk assessed area away from any flammable substances and vehicular traffic.