All designated staff in schools who need to take the course for the first time or to renew their certificate.
General information on Epilepsy causes, management of seizures, Status Epilepticus, Buccal Midazolam.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the Trust Protocol relating to the administration of Buccal Midazolam
- Give an account of the precipitating factors
- Observable features of a seizure and its stages
- Demonstrate the safe and appropriate management of a person, before, during and after a seizure
- Identify the indications and describe the procedures for the administration of Buccal Midazolam
- Demonstrate knowledge of when to administer Buccal Midazolam, for status epilepticus
- Gain awareness of the safety aspects about epilepsy, duty of care and safe management of risks in daily living
It is recommended that you renew your certificate every 2 years.