All staff who require the basic skills to cope in an emergency situation.
By the end of the programme candidates will know clearly what to do in the event of an emergency.
The role of the first-aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Introduction to First Aid - assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- The unconscious breathing casualty (including seizures)
- Recovery position
- Circulation theory & shock
- Wounds & bleeding
- Minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)