The CPC 'Driver Essentials and Highway Code' course is comprised of a theory module. The 7 hour course contributes towards the legal training requirement of 35 hours that each professional driver must take in order to retain their professional driving licence.
To enable drivers to identify what is Law and what is Guidance within the Highway Code and have an awareness of the key elements of the code including daily driver checks.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify what is Law and what is Guidance within the Highway Code
- Explain what signs and road markings mean
- Explain how the RT Working Time works in relation to their daily, weekly reference period
- Explain how EU Drivers' Hours works in relation with their daily, weekly, fortnightly driving period
- Identify any lack of compliance within their current schedule of work/driving
- Describe how to undertake a 'Professional' daily vehicle check
- Answer Highway Code questions
Training can be delivered up to 20 drivers.