This course is predominantly intended for practical users who need to enter spaces which are substantially enclosed and where there is a potentially hazardous working environment. All delegates should be physically fit. If the facilities are suitable an entry or simulated entry exercise may be conducted.
To ensure that delegates understand the requirements of the law and can safely use the appropriate Full BA equipment.
This course is designed to ensure that delegates who need to enter such workplaces understand the requirements of the law, the need for risk assessments and safe systems of work and how to apply these practically. This includes competent use of the appropriate equipment, to enable entry to be made safely.
- What is a Confined Space and what are the hazards?
- Legal requirements
- Risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Equipment required to enter a confined spaces
- The purpose and use of gas detection equipment
- The purpose and use of escape breathing apparatus
- The use of ropes and safety harnesses
- The purpose and use of tripods and man riding winches
- Personal protective equipment and hygiene
- Examination, testing and maintenance of equipment
- Ventilation and the avoidance of unsafe atmospheres
- Communication and entry procedures
- The purpose of self-contained working breathing apparatus
- Use of self-contained working breathing apparatus
- Course review
On successful completion of the course, a Confined Spaces Photo ID Card giving details of the course and the date attended will be issued.
Note: An advance copy of your own safe system of work for Entry into Confined Spaces will enable us to take account of this as part of the course. If you have equipment which your delegates are familiar with, please bring it along (tested and in good working order), otherwise the necessary equipment will be provided.