This course is designed for Local Authority inspectors/enforcement officers and contractors required to carry out basic visual safety inspections of Scaffolding.
This one day course will give persons attending the knowledge and observational techniques to be able to carry out Basic Scaffolding Inspections.
By the end of the course attendees will have the skills to carry out Basic Scaffolding Inspections and an understanding of the requirements to keep appropriate records of inspections.
N.B. This course is 100% classroom based and does not include a practical assessment.
- The Legal framework, Enforcement and consequence of bad practice
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- TG20 and British Standard Guidance
- Identification and purpose of Components
- Tubes - Fittings; types; uses; inspection
- Boards - Types; uses; inspection
- Ladders - Inspecting; securing; using
- Ties - Types; uses; methods of fixing
- What is a basic scaffold?
- How to determine a basic scaffold configuration
- Scaffold types and purpose:
- Independent Scaffolds
- Zip up/Mobile Towers: Statics; Tallescope; Proprietaries
- Statutory Inspection Procedure
- Record Keeping
- Site Safety
- Knowledge check
THIS COURSE IS NOT INTENDED FOR THOSE WORKING ON CONSTRUCTION SITES OR THOSE CARRYING OUT STATUTORY INSPECTIONS, for these staff a 2 day Scaffolding Inspection course would be more appropriate.
N.B. We do not take any responsibility if you book the wrong Scaffolding Inspection course. Our standard cancellation terms will apply to your booking.