This course has been designed for Managers, Supervisors, & Operatives who need an awareness of Asbestos and knowledge of what to do if it is found/suspected.
To provide an awareness of Asbestos and knowledge of what to do if it is found/suspected.
By the end of the course participants will have an understanding of:-
- Procedures required to identify Asbestos
- Where it is likely to/may be found as part of their work
- Dangers, hazards and risks of exposure
- The limits of work with Asbestos
- The relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice and other sources of authoritative guidance
- Organisational procedures
- What to do if Asbestos is found or suspected
- Support and contact details
- Who can and cannot engage in this type of work
- Safe working procedures, precautions and controls
- Health Monitoring requirements
- Waste disposal requirements for Asbestos and contaminated materials