At Skills Training Centre Ltd we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Skills Training Centre Ltd, Buildings 3 & 4, North London Business Park; Oakleigh Road South, New Southgate, London, N11 1GN.
Tel. 020 8619 0939 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data protection officer
We do not have a DPO under the terms of GDPR, because we are not a public authority; do not carry out monitoring of individuals; and the volume/type of data we process does not require the appointment of a DPO. However, we do have a Director responsible for Data Protection (Paul Buey) within the company.
Legal basis for the collection of personal data
The different legal basis we use for the collection of personal data are as follows:-
- Contract: the processing is necessary for us to fulfil a contract you have with us, or because you have asked us to contact you or provide information before you can enter into a contract with us.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for us to maintain a record of the training that has been attended to allow us to comply with Awarding Body record keeping requirements; provide individuals and their employer’s with training records to protect your/their legitimate interests; to enable us to advise you/your employer when renewals are required; and to enable us to defend/provide information for legal claims. If you have made an enquiry, booked, or attended a course within the last 18 months we may advise you of forthcoming dates, renewal requirements and changes relevant to the specific type of course you have engaged with us about.
- Consent: If it is more than 18 months since you last engaged with us in any capacity, we will ask for specific consent from you to process your personal data for marketing purposes. This may be via completion of a form on one of our websites, or by you providing positive confirmation of consent via an email sent to/from us.
who collects the information from you?
Our office staff and trainers will collect information from you. They are all aware of their responsibilities in relation to personal data.
How do we collect information from you?
We might collect data from you when:
- You contact us via our website; by telephone; or by email
- You book yourself and/or others onto a Training event via our website; or via completion and return of a Booking Form
- Your details are provided to us by someone making an enquiry or booking a service with us on your behalf.
- Attend a Training or Assessment event with us
Why do we collect information from you?
We may collect data from you for one or more of the following reasons:
- Respond to your enquiries about services that we offer
- In order to appropriately meet our contractual requirements and deliver our services to you/your staff. To notify you of course dates, information about your course of interest, changes to our services, or renewal requirements
How is your information used?
We may use your personal data for the purposes of providing you with information about a training course(s) you have enquired about, reminding you when renewals may be due; the provision of an attendance certificate, and for all other purposes connected with our role as an Approved Training Centre in providing goods and services to you. Additionally we might seek your views or comments on the services we provide. In processing your booking, we may use your details to obtain information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
We purchase GDPR verified lists from time to time. If we obtain your personal data from one of these lists, you will have consented within the past 12 months via a telephone survey or via an online questionnaire to receiving general marketing information. We re-verify these purchased lists every 3 months to identify if you have subsequently withdrawn your consent.
If you have made an enquiry, booked, or attended a course within the last 18 months we may advise you by telephone or email of forthcoming dates, renewal requirements and changes relevant to the specific type of course you have engaged with us about.
If it is more than 18 months since you last engaged with us in any capacity, we will ask for specific consent from you to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can opt out at any time from receiving further email marketing by clicking unsubscribe in one of our Marketing emails or by emailing email@example.com with your details.
Who will we share your information with?
We will share your information with those providing services on our behalf; Awarding Bodies; and Compliance Registers related to the course(s) you attend e.g. City & Guilds; LANTRA; JAUPT; Institute of Highway Engineers; Transport for London etc..
We will not sell or pass on your data to anyone not directly related with the delivery of the service we are providing to you.
Unless you or the service being delivered by Skills Training Centre Ltd is located outside of the UK, we will not share personal data with any other country or international organisations (if applicable).
What type of information may be collected from you?
- Contact details – Name; Organisation Name; Address; Telephone Numbers; email addresses; website address
- Photographic image
- Driver Licence Details
- Passport or Birth Certificate Details
- Payment Details – Credit Card and/or Bank Details
How we keep your information secure
We use worldpay to process Credit Card details, so these are not stored within our database or anywhere on our network.
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees and others (e.g. Self Employed Trainers, Awarding Bodies etc.) who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data, are required to respect the confidentiality of personal data.
We take regular backups of all electronic information. Our offices and archive facility are locked when staff are not present and have 24 hour security. We are PCI DSS Compliant in respect of Credit Card payments, which requires our data network to pass rigorous independent Internal and External scanning for security vulnerabilities.
We do merge clients’ data from time to time as duplicate records are created.
The company does occasionally work with companies/governments outside of the EU and relevant data may need to be exchanged as part of the contract delivery.
How long do we keep your data for?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information, for example training records, to fulfil our statutory obligations and to comply with Awarding Body requirements.
We will retain most personal data for a minimum of 7 years.
How you can access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you would like access to the data we hold on you please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, you can write to us at Skills Training Centre Ltd, Buildings 3 & 4, North London Business Park; Oakleigh Road South, New Southgate, London, N11 1GN..
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you
- You have the right to request the data we hold on you is corrected or erased (the “right to be forgotten” is not an absolute right, there may be an overriding legitimate interest).
- You have a right to “data portability” - to have electronic personal data which has been provided to us on the basis of consent or contract, returned to you or sent direct to another data controller.
We will respond to your request within 28 days - although we will require proof of your identity before we can respond - we will normal provide any information without any charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive in which case we may charge a “reasonable fee” for the administrative costs of complying with your request.
You can access our websites and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
Our websites do not enable our visitors to communicate with other visitors or to post information to be accessed by others.
We collect the personal data that you choose to enter while using our websites e.g. Signing up to receive our newsletter and/or General Marketing Information.
We may collect organisational data about our corporate visitors (those with a fixed IP address) from other sources, such as an information service provider. This is used to help us contact organisations who may be interested in our services.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information, they allow web applications to respond securely to you as an individual. This information is used to anonymously track visitor use of our websites and to compile statistical reports on website activity. We do not use this information to personally identify you.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies - These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to visit our website. The link monitoring is only carried out by Google Analytics and records the link that you clicked to lead you to the websites plus all internal website clicks. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. You can opt out of Google Analytics Advertising Features, through your Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org . You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, if you do this, some of our website features may not function as a result.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
This is used to remember your choice on whether to allow cookies on this website.
These cookies are essential to the functioning of the website and provide security and control access.
This is set by Cloudflare which is used to provide security and speed up the website. More information can be found on Cloudflare's website.
These cookies are set by Google Analytics and are used to monitor the pages you go to during a visit to the website. You can find out more about how we use Google Analytics above.
Tawk.to (Live chat)
These cookies are set by our live chat software Tawk.to which allows you to quickly and easily get in touch with us directly from our website.
These cookies may be set when you watch YouTube videos that are on the website. They are used by YouTube to play the video and track it's usage. We embed YouTube videos using privacy enhanced mode which stops YouTube from storing information about you unless you watch a video.
How do i ask questions or complaint to the regulator?
If you have any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices, or if you
would like to complain about the way we handle data, please contact Paul Buey via email@example.com
If you are still unhappy, please visit: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Last Updated: 25th May 2018